Friday, September 3, 2010

Flicker...

Today was our first ultrasound of the baby. We were so happy to see a healthy looking gestational and yolk sac, along with the very, very faintest flicker of a heartbeat coming from the fetal pole. Still too early to tell for sure if that was the heartbeat but I believe it was. Wikipedia says you can see the fetal pole via vaginal ultrasound as early as 6 weeks and that it is possible to see the heartbeat at that time, although more commonly the heartbeat is not visable for another 5-7 days. We go back on Sept. 17th. I'll be 7 weeks 5 days at that time and should be able to see the heartbeat for sure. So another hurdle jumped and we wait for the next one.


I feel good. No symptoms yet although I would welcome them to give me reassurance that this is really happening. My heart is opening up more but still very guarded. It still doesn't seem to have totally sunk in yet that we are having another baby.


Here is our little "guy" at 5w6d. I'm saying BOY, Jeremy is saying GIRL...either way, we are surely blessed.


Let everything that has breath (or a flicker...:) praise the Lord! Psalm 150:6

No comments:

Post a Comment