Friday, March 26, 2010

Home.

I've been praying with Jeremy lately for contentment. Just to have moments of joy in everyday, no matter what chaos is going on in my house, regardless of how this pregnancy turns out. Not looking ahead 34 weeks but to live in the here and now and to be truly joyful. God answered my prayer today right in the middle of my living room.

I turned on some music and my kids and I were dancing. I love to dance and I'm happy that they seem to love music and dancing too. Chance and Luci have now learned to spin and twist and stomp. It's their latest moves and they are the cutest things I've ever seen. On a sidenote, they have also learned to hug each other. We'll it's kind of more like a head-butt with arms and occasionally crying is involved but the intentions are good and it's still precious to see.

My kids happen to like John Mayer's music. As of late, probably not the best choice, but my collection of his stuff comes from the pre-jessica-jennifer-saga and it is really good music. We normally spend all day with music in the background; bible stories, songs, nursery rhymes and the typical kid stuff. But everynow and then I'll play John Mayer. That's when the spinning and twisting starts. One of their favorite songs is called Homelife, it just has a good beat.

"I think I'm gonna stay home
Have myself a home life
sitting in the slo-mo
And listening to the daylight." -John Mayer

This was playing today and I found myself spinning around in circles, arms overhead...Luci and Chance were spinning around, bumping into one another, falling down, getting back up and starting all over again. They were laughing and squealing and twisting and stomping. I felt tears come to my eyes as I realized that I love this age and at that moment wished I could stop time and keep them this way forever. I love their smells, love squeezing their little bodies so tight. Love the all the noises they make. I was overcome by how precious these days are, even when they seem to be in slow motion at times. I felt nothing but pure joy and knew that I was exactly where I wanted to be. I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment