Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10w4 Days

Today was my first Dr. Appointment with Dr. Jones, my regular OB. Dr. Jones is the one who took care of me while I was pregnant with Chance and Luci. (along with Dr. Grant) He's the one who discovered I was becoming pre-ecclamptic at 30 weeks and sent me straight to the hospital for labs. His forsight gave me enough time to get steroid shots and allowed them time to work their magic before the babies were born 3 days later. I am so grateful to him. I told him that at my appointment today and he humbly blushed the deepest shade of red you've ever seen. He's a great Dr. and a good man.

Needless to say he is very happy that I am only having one baby this time. I have to say...me too. I would have loved to have met those two babies we lost in the spring. It would have been so hard going through all that I went through with Chance & Luci again, but I would have done it willingly (and more) for my babies. But God did not give me that choice. God knew their lives were best served with him. God has given me the opportunity to experience one baby...and I am so excited about that. I know that I missed out on so much of the baby fun. I know I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. I regret that but am not sure how I could have done things differently. It was overwhelming at times and I was in survival mode much of the time. So I'm excited to have another chance to snuggle and cuddle a tiny little baby. (hopefully not AS tiny as my other two little ones).

I got to have another ultrasound today. Wasn't sure if I would or not. So at 10w4days "Baby C" is looking great. All signs that can be seen at this point looked great. We saw little hands, 10 fingers, 10 toes. It's just amazing. Laying there during the ultrasound...I officially fell in love
again. Here is our little "guy".

This pregnancy is going to be so much different than before. That's a good thing. Dr. Jones is optimistic that I won't have the same issues I had with the twins and if I do they will come much later in the pregnancy. He doesn't see a need to refer me to Dr. Grant, but did say that he will start to monitor me weekly at 28 weeks...which is about 2 months sooner than he normally would start weekly monitoring. They'll measure and check my cervix at my 20 week ultrasound to make sure all is well.

My next appointment will be at 14 1/2 weeks, November 3rd. I will not, however, see my baby again until December 14, at 20 weeks for the big morphology scan when we learn the gender. Yay! This is going to be hard. While I'm grateful to not have the potential complications, it is really going to take a lot of trust and faith to not fret over not seeing the baby more often. With the twins I saw them weekly starting at 16 weeks. I was spoiled.

So having said all that...I'm learning once again about patience on a daily basis. Patience as a wife, mother of almost 2-year olds...and mother of a baby on the way. Lord, thank you for your daily watch over our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment