Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30 Weeks 3 Days...Milestones.

I couldn't let today go by without posting.  Today is certainly a milestone.  I'm not sure if my kids will truly ever understand what a milestone today is.   Today I am 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant with our third child, our healthy daughter, which is still unfortunately nameless, but I am loving more and more everyday.
Today is the day, during my pregnancy with Chance and Luci, that I have birth to them via c-section at 12:07 and 12:08pm.  I continue to be in awe of our wonderful Lord for his protection and provision and strength and all that he carried me through during that first pregnancy and for my two completely healthy miracles.  But also, for all that he has spared me from during this pregnancy.  I still can't believe how uncomplicated and enjoyable and wonderful these first 7 1/2 months have been...and how quickly they've flown by.

Although I want this little girl to gain the full benefit of 40 weeks inside mommy, and I certainly don't take for granted the miracle of a healthy birth at any gestation, I can't help but also feel like from here on out it's "gravy".    It's so odd to me every time I feel this baby move I think about what it was like when I held my tiny little twins.  It's an odd conflict.  I know she's so much better inside the womb, in ways I can never fully understand.  I know she is happy and content.  But to me, in my claustrophobic world, I just feel like she should be out of there.  I know what a baby looks like at this stage.  Perfect.  I can't explain it but it just seems strange that there is this tiny little perfect baby in there just hanging out.  Before Chance and Luci were born, although I've always believed life begins at conception, I think my mind somehow didn't quite understand the development of babies in utero.  That maybe they didn't really look like normal little babies.   I mean those ultrasound pics don't really do them justice.  They do look a little foreign/outer space-ish.  Maybe God didn't put the finishing touches on them until right before they popped out on their due dates.  

How silly that sounds, I know.   But now I know that even as I sit here, at 30 weeks 3 days, my little girl is perfectly formed, still in the womb, fearfully and wonderfully made.   And I'm so thankful for each and every day she stays there from here on out until I see her beautiful face.   


For now, here is her most recent pic from last weeks appointment. 29 weeks 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment