Friday, February 25, 2011

The Color Brown.

I'm feeling time slipping away.  I'm realizing that I'm not documenting or capturing the hundreds of moments that happen everyday with my kids, as well as with this pregnancy so I wanted to take some time to write some things to each of my kids today...just so that they know where we are at with life right now, at this moment.  

Chance, today you are 2 years, 3 months and 26 days old.  My goodness how time has flown.   You weigh about 35 pounds.  You are growing taller every day and losing more and more of your baby fat.   You've been potty trained like such a big boy for awhile now, with just a few little accidents here and there.  You peed on the potty standing up for the first time last night while daddy helped you.  

Your favorite lunch is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Everyday when I ask you what you want for lunch you say "pnut bud-daah" and would eat it everyday if mommy would let you.  Mommy ate a lot of peanut butter while she was pregnant with you, but also used to take peanut butter sandwiches to school for her lunch almost everyday growing up.  So you get it honestly.  Right now during mommy's pregnancy with baby sister, her favorite ice cream is Peanut Butter Panic. 

Daddy taught you how to shake hands and say..."Nice to meet you" and also how to do "fist bumps".   It is the cutest thing ever to see.  At night when we put you in bed, you like to give us fist bumps (but still hugs and kisses too...) and then a few fist bumps to Nana, Papa, Papaw and Gee Gee's pictures before going off to sleep. 

Your best little friend is still your "doggie" lovey.  We still only let you have it during sleeping times but most days you will sneak into your bed and grab it and run around the house with it.  You love it.  You have also recently grown attached to "puppy", "blue bear" and "sheepy".   You have two favorite blankies...your polkadot one and your blue bear one.   You can now climb in and out of your bed, but have yet to try it during times when you're supposed to be sleeping...only when you're playing in your room.    At bedtime, you don't want anyone to help you get into your bed, you like to climb in and out on your own and will say..."no help chance.." if we try to help you.    Mommy is hoping you don't attempt to escape during naps or bedtime anytime soon.  She's not ready to say bye-bye to the cribs yet.   Most of the time you wake up first in the morning...and then all your talking, fussing etc. wakes up Luci eventually. 

You've started calling me "Mom" just these last few days.  I'm not sure where you heard that from since you've always called me "Mommy".  It's a bittersweet reminder of how big you're getting.   You are becoming daddy's little buddy and will always be mommy's "bubba".

You love balls.  All balls.  Basketballs, baseballs, footballs etc.  You have a great little arm on you.  Really good at throwing things...many times I have to remind you of what you can and cannot throw around the house. 

You like jumping off the furniture and are getting braver and braver everyday.  You can jump off the ground with both feet now...and sometimes when dancing actually end up doing these little bunny hops that are so funny.  You love music, so does mommy and Luci, and we like to have dance parties. 

You love wearing silly hats and putting things on your head (buckets, boxes, baskets etc.) and running around the room getting attention and laughs from everyone.

Your favorite color is brown.  Everytime we sit down to color whether it's with markers or crayons you go straight for the brown one first.   I read that people who prefer the color brown are often conventional and orderly.   Conventional?  No.  Orderly?   Yes.  You love to stack and line up your blocks, cars, trains etc.  One day recently you and daddy were having guy time at the hardware store and before he knew it, you had stacked up all the smoke detectors that were boxed up on the display in one big stack that was taller than you!   You are such a good little helper.  Right now, mommy and daddy are getting the house ready for a move and we've been packing.  You love taking trips with daddy in his "big truck" to the storage unit.  You love to help with anything we ask you to do...sweeping, cleaning up toys, unloading the dishwasher, unloading the groceries...cleaning up spills with the kitchen towels.  You are just so cute scampering around to get things done.  

You are such a joy to daddy and mommy.  I love the way you say "belly button".  It makes me smile inside and out.  I love your new dance...we call it the "monkey dance".   I love your walk and your run.  You remind mommy of her Papaw French.  Broad shoulders, slight belly, shorter legs and just strutting around with your chest puffed out like such a little man.    I love your belly laughs.   I love hearing you talk to Luci and watching the two of you play together.  

I can't wait to see how you love and play with your baby sister.   You love her already I can tell.  You rub mommy's belly and say "baby sister in there..."   

You love to play with your cars and trains, love movie night with mommy, daddy & Luci,  love spotting airplanes, water towers, balloons and the moon up in the sky.  

You and Luci enjoy going to church and are starting to talk more and more about Jesus all the time.  Some of your favorite books and stories are the ones about "baby Jesus".    In January you were able to move from the 1 year old walkers room to the 2-year old room.  You love it because there is a train table in there to play with.  Mommy was a little nervous when you first went into that room with all the "big kids" but you really like it.  Very rarely do you cry when mommy and daddy drop you off at your class.   We learned that you like it best when we let you walk into the room on your own instead of picking you up and handing you to the teacher through the door.  Sometimes I will catch you saying to yourself..."Mommy will come back and get me..." as we head to your classroom.  This brough mommy to tears the first time I heard it because you were remembering the time I told you I would always come back and get you.  You were reassuring your little self that everything would be okay and mommy & daddy would be back.  

Chance, mommy loves you so, so much.  I never could picture what it would be like to be a mommy to a baby boy.  I always knew I wanted girls...but never knew if I would be able to relate to a little boy or if I would be a good boy mommy.  I am so, so blessed to  have you in my life.  I LOVE being your mommy.  I love the way it feels when you run into my arms and I grab you and hug you and squeeze your little chubby boy body.  I love your smell and kissing your chubby little cheeks.  I love your big toothy smile.  Your whole face just lights up.    I just love you.    Daddy loves you too...   Mommy and Daddy will always be here for you.  Whatever you need...whenever.   We love you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment