Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Love My Mommy.

Luci, this post is just to document some of the things you are learning and doing and saying right now.    I never want to forget how sweet and fun you are at this age...so just writing a few things down.

Today you are 2 years, 3 months and 18 days old.   You and Chance, baby sister and daddy are the true joys of my life.   I thank God for you everyday.

You are the sweetest natured little girl...but becoming more independent and strong willed each day.  Just like mommy.   You love to snuggle, read, color, play with stickers, and have girl time.  Mommy and daddy just recently started taking you and Chance out separately.  Mommy takes you out for errands and "girl time" and daddy takes Chance out for "guy time".  You love being one-on-one with us.  Not something you've gotten to do very much in your little life.  Mommy loves it too.   Earlier today, I told you we were going out for "girl time" and you're response was "I want to go to Hobby Lobby!".  That's mommy's girl.  I'm teaching you right!  We didn't go to Hobby Lobby this time, just Hyvee but I still love being able to hang out with just you.  I see a different side of you that I don't get to see when Chance is around.  

Later this evening, after we got home, mommy was busy packing some things as we are getting ready to move into our new house.  You were singing in the background while you were playing with stickers.  I had sort of tuned out your "background" noise but all at once I realized what you were singing...  You're own little made up song.  "I Love my Mommy!"...."I Love my Mommy!"  over and over again.  This was the first time I've ever heard you say you loved me, without mommy asking you first if you did.  It brought me to tears.  Such a sweet, sweet gift and blessing that I immediately thanked God for.   I love you too, sweet girl.  You are such a joy and light in our lives.  It's hard for mommy to imagine having another little girl who is as sweet as you. 

You love music.  You have such a great rhythm.   We can be out shopping or at a restaurant and if you hear music, before I know it your little body is just moving to the beat.  You can't really help it.  There is just something in you that feels the groove and goes with it.  Doesn't really matter where we are or who else is around watching.  Mommy loves that you like music.  She loves it too.  I have been singing to you for a long time and now you sing with me.  Your favorite song is probably "Jesus Loves Me..."  but you also like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, This little Light of Mine, All the Fish and a few more.  At times you will break out into a medley of all these songs where you'll sing one of two lines of each but blend them all together.  Like there are just so many things you want to sing and so little time so you just make up your own.    You like to play with your musical instruments, especially the guitar.  Maybe you will learn to play the big guitar some day. 

You are so smart.  You know most of your colors, how to match things...socks...pictures...etc.  You can sing your ABC's.  You can count to 10 but for some reason like to skip the number 3 and 4.   Your talking and sentances and vocabulary are amazing.   There is not much you don't say or pick up on and repeat. 

You are potty trained with very few accidents and finally got over your fear of pooping.  We have been through a few battles during times when you were afraid to poop because you thought it was going to hurt.  One day you and Chance were side by side on your pottys and you were having a big of a hard time.  Chance leaned over and patted you on the back and said.."It's ok Luci..."  and you brushed his arm off and yelled..."NO CHANCE, It's not OKAY!"   I couldn't believe it.  I laughed so hard...but I still felt bad that you were having such a hard time.  I think I finally convinced you that it won't hurt everytime you have to go #2.  One day as we were walking into the bathroom, you were being so brave and saying to yourself "It's not gonna hurt, me" out loud.  It almost made mommy cry to hear how you were trying so hard to reassure yourself for the task at hand.   You have just recently started going pee on the "big potty" which makes running errands and going out to dinner much easier.  Don't have to drag the froggy potty around quite so much!  

You are going to be such a good big sister.  I know you will be a good little helper to mommy too.   You like to rub on mommys tummy and talk and sing to baby sister.

You are a true beauty.  I don't say that because you are my daughter, but you are just beautiful.  Your light creamy skin just glows, your eyes are such a pretty shade of blue and your red hair, that could only come from daddy.   You are just stunning.   I do keep hoping you will grow more hair soon.  Mommy still has to put lots of bows on headbands since you still don't have enough hair to put in a barrett!   But short or long hair, Daddy will have his hands full when you start dating.

You are starting to show more of your temper.  Some might say it's the temper of a true red-head but I know better...it comes from Mommy.  Daddy is the calmest, gentlest person.  He is so patient with you and Chance.  Mommy is the one with the temper, so you get it from me.   We butt heads quite a bit at times...Mommy is learning more, and praying more about how to teach you and love you during the times when you are acting a bit too much like her. 

You are creative. 

You love to go Bye-Bye and usually start saying "I WANNA GO BYE-BYE" the minute mommy gets you up in the morning.  You like walking through stores like a big girl.  No riding in carts or strollers for you anymore althoug sometimes mommy doesn't have a choice but to "strap you in something" when she's by herself.  But I'm trying to give you more freedom to explore and grow.

This morning, we were eating off your "rainbow" striped plates and you said very plainly..."God made the rainbow."   Yes he did baby, girl.  It makes mommy so happy that you are starting to recognize God's big world and creation and that you love reading stories about Baby Jesus, Moses and Mary.   At Christmas time, we were hanging ornaments on the tree and mommy pulled one out of Santa Clause and you said...so seriously..."There's Moses!" when I hung it on the tree.  It cracked mommy up.  It took almost the whole two weeks leading up to Christmas for you to learn that Santa was not Moses.  Everytime you saw Santa, you called him Moses.

You are just growing up so fast...and changing and becoming more fun everyday. 

I love you, my beautiful girl.  I will always be here for you.  I pray daddy will always be here for all of us.   Thank you for lighting up my life everyday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment